GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and team members alike!
We are now hiring a Maintenance Supervisor! This is a full time, year round position.
Pay is $20.00-24.00/hour. Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members/generous commuting stipend for local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K matching
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
We encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!
In accordance with Guest Services, Inc.'s (Guest Services)duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, wemaintain a vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees andtheir families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large frominfectious diseases, such as COVID-19. All team members are required to complywith the vaccination policy which requires vaccinations subject to approvedexemptions. Weekly testing and dailymasking are required for all team members who are not fully vaccinated. Any team member not in compliance with thispolicy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including terminationof employment.JOB SUMMARY
The Maintenance Supervisor will lead a small team by performing landscaping/grounds keeping as well as maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, electrical equipment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Receive direction from the Unit Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of the unit's operations.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings, docks and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility, dock and crane needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements.
- Responsible for dock walks, landscaping and grounds keeping including: lawn mowing, trash pick-up, weed control, tree trimming, and edging sidewalks, cleaning bathrooms.
- Perform routine to complex cleaning on travel lift debris collection pit filtration system, maintenance barn and entry gates.
- Must maintain records of cleaning, maintenance schedules, weed spraying schedules and hazardous material disposals.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma, GED, or Trade School Certification preferred. Boating License Required.
- 1-2 years maintenance experience.
- Strong technical knowledge in Electrical, and/or Plumbing.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Electrical, and/or Plumbing repair equipment and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
- Field transportation vehicles, including golf carts, Gators, and other motorized vehicles.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.