With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the revenue generating assets, which include state-of-the-art membrane coating equipment, continuous web handling lines, extruders, automated assembly and packaging lines, and various other manufacturing equipment and support systems.
This will require knowledge of mechanics, metal properties, shop mathematics, industrial electricity and troubleshooting equipment utilizing PLC, relay, control circuits, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc.
The shift is 12-hour rotating nights, working from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and will be supplemented as necessary.
- Observe and comply with all OSHA and company Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures, including housekeeping practices and participation in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance following job plans, diagrams/schematics, manufacturer recommendations and engineering specifications; help identify and implement reliability improvements.
- Complete all planned and reactive work orders and document finings, actions, and feedback.
- ID sources of problems through observation and use of precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Determine wear of parts by inspection using calipers, micrometers, multi-meters and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts or devices and control instruments using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, straight edges, multi-meters, etc.
- Fabricate parts used in repairs using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting on PLC, ladder logic, and control circuits.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs to peers and management.
- Be an active team player and contributor, share knowledge, absorb knowledge from others including constructive feedback.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal customers and manufacturing teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED.
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- 3 years' experience as maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment in maintenance procedures and methods.
- Technical or vocational college degree in Industrial Maintenance field (electronics, robotics, PLC, machining, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge with all facets of automated manufacturing (PLC, complex mechanical, electronics, robotics, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, and CMMS (preferably Maximo) experience.
- Licensed electrician in state of MN.
At SUEZ, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance