At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Repairs and maintains machinery, electrical, and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors,
pneumatics, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the
following duties. Always adheres to all USDA, GMP, and safety regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and repair all production equipment-centrifical pumps, positive displacement pumps, pasteurizers, homogenizers, valves, molding equipment, and packaging equipment, etc.
- Maintain and repair all support equipment, such as boiler, air-compressors, ammonia compressors, thermal storage unit, condenser, vacuum pumps, ammonia systems, air conditioning units, sewer meters, conductivity meters, water meters, lawn sprinklers, trash containers, chemical storage area, and building maintenance, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of and experience in plant maintenance operations
- Must have good general knowledge of industrial electrical systems
- Must have good general knowledge of electrical troubleshooting
- Ability to weld stainless steel
- Be an active part of the emergency response team. This includes, but is not limited to the following: Emergency evacuation team-personnel retrieval, if someone is not accounted for after an evacuation; hazardous waste response/disposal team; confined space entry permit personnel; authorized SCBA/respirator personnel; First Aid/CPR approved; approved forklift operators
- Handling of chemicals for support equipment operation. Chemical testing of boiler feed water,
- condensate, cooling tower water, ice bank chilled water, plant process water
- Responsible for daily utilities readings
- Fabrication/manufacturing of equipment for production needs; product and process piping, sanitary equipment, steam lines, chemical lines, pneumatic lines, etc.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and diagram changes to keep plant record current
- Must be a self-starter and work with a minimum of supervision, in all key areas
- Responsible for obtaining their own personal hand tools
- Responsible for reporting on a daily basis work orders and activity reports (all time is to be accountable)
- All work is to be done in a timely fashion and must be done properly. It is necessary that all maintenance mechanics work well with other employees throughout the plant
- See Physical Demands for weight requirements
- All other assigned duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
All Maintenance are responsible for food safety including, but not limited to practicing GMP's and appropriate food defense techniques.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma and training with emphasis in electronics, instrumentation, refrigeration, electrical, and general mechanical experience in the dairy industry; minimum 3-years plant maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Being able to resolve issues/problems that involve numerous variables in demanding situations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Manual labor which includes, but is not limited to lifting objects, climbing ladders, using hand tools, etc. The physical demands needed to obtain a S.C.B.A. certification must also be met as required for this position.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and squat for several minutes at a time
- Must be able to stand on feet for at least a two-hour consecutive time period
- Must be able to lift up to eighty (80) pounds
- Must be able to enter into confined spaces
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to wear all required PPE for the tasks assigned
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear
- Employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Environment is occasionally damp and cold. Caustic, acid and chlorine chemicals will be used and may emit fumes into the air
- Floors may be wet and slippery
- Room temperatures will range from 35 degrees F. to an excess of 130 degrees F
- The use of safety glasses, ear plugs, dust masks, rubber gloves, rubber boots and aprons may be necessary
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.