Job ID: 236540
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Operator - CDL Driver - Mulch & Soil Manufacturer- Class A DOT flatbed and live floor tractor trailer operation from Shady Dale, GA making multiple daily runs. High activity season will require availability to maximum hours allowable under DOT & safety compliance. Drivers are required to strap, weigh station & tarp palletized loads. Drivers must be able to operate forklift equipment to unload cargo. Fast -paced operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Valid Class A CDL license, clean 3-year MVR report and ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical & drug test, and criminal background search
- Perform routine pre & post trip inspection inspections, properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel, and demonstrate proficiency in Forklift Certification Training & Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test & observed road test
- Maintain accurate and legible logs and records in compliance with DOT and company standards to include but not limited to: maintenance reporting, pre & post trip inspections, fuel ticket records, delivery manifests & documentation, and necessary customer delivery signatures
- Perform preventive maintenance safety inspections (tires, mirrors, brakes, fluids, tarps, straps) & fueling duties
- Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively with dispatch, Scale House, and shipping departments
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- DOT Physical is required
- Employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, lift, strap, tarp and remove the tarp and load their own equipment operating a forklift
- Will be exposed to all elements of the weather from sun and heat to snow and cold and rain and wind and dust and dirt as presented by the weather
- Properly secure flatbed load as required by DOT for flatbed equipment and movement of product
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Warehouse, Forklift, Manufacturing
This job has expired.