Job ID: 399962
Preferred Materials - Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
The Loader Operator (LO) moves, loads and handles materials in the terminal area with the use of heavy equipment. The LO will use large earth-moving machines, such as bulldozers, backhoes, excavators and front-end loaders and/or other huge machinery to lift, haul, push, roll, load and move aggregate and aggregate related materials.
The most important duty of the LO is to run the huge, expensive machines safely and capably.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment
- Operate backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and/or other heavy equipment to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials.
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload materials into/out of railcars and/or other modes of transportation.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- Assist Yard Manager and/or Yard Foreman in coordinating materials handling and equipment usage.
- Be able to perform the following specific tasks:
- Operate general construction equipment at the terminal when given training.
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Complete miscellaneous jobs according to instructions given.
- Knowledge of the use and capabilities of heavy equipment and machinery used in maintenance and construction tasks.
- Knowledge of both traffic and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques applied to the safe operation of heavy equipment.
- Ability to keep records and make oral or written reports.
- Ability to make simple arithmetic computations.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, and squat frequently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to work long hours out-of-doors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively using speaking, hearing, writing, and vision skills.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Need to insure that equipment is operating in a safe and sound manner and capacity to keep records pertaining to such operations.
- Ability to perform manual labor incidental to the assigned task.
- Desire to perform related work as required.
- Completion of 8th grade, graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma preferred.
Three years of experience in public works maintenance and/or construction work, one year of which involves the operation of a variety of heavy equipment. A comparable amount of directly related
experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirements.
What CRH Offers You
- Must maintain a safe driving record and have a valid driver's license.
- Must be reliable, hard working and able to work in a team environment.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Fort Myers Nearest Secondary Market:
Cape Coral Job Segment:
HR, Equipment Operator, Compensation, Warehouse, Front End, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.