The Iowa River Landing Gastroenterology Clinic is seeking a 100% Licensed Practical Nurse. An LPN functions within the scope of the practical nursing license to assist physician staff with patient care. This role performs technical assessment, administers medications and treatments, and assists with clinic program in an ambulatory setting.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs physical assessment, which may include vital signs, weight, height, and current history and makes observations relevant to patient conditions. Documents or reviews all pertinent data, including allergies, current medications, and health history.
2. Performs various screening tests in preparation for patient's physical examination.
3. Administers medications, gives injections, monitors intravenous fluids and performs treatments which are within the practical nurse scope of practice. Observes and documents patient reactions to medications and treatments, and initiates emergency treatment as indicated.
4. Assesses visual acuity, oxygen saturation, and blood glucose levels.
5. Assists in examinations of patients, diagnostic procedures, and minor surgeries.
6. Provides patient education regarding diagnosis, medication, and treatment under direct or indirect supervision of the physician, or as directed by clinic protocol.
7. Applies dressings, assesses and documents wound condition, removes sutures, assures proper fit of orthopedic equipment, and provides treatments according to standardized protocols. Responsible for teaching patients follow-up care.
8. Initiates basic cardiac life support and assists in emergency situations as needed.
9. Assures timely reporting of lab work to physician staff and appropriate transfer of medical records as directed by physician or as requested by patients.
10. Maintains appropriate inventory of medical equipment and patient education materials in patient examination areas.
11. Maintains responsibility for screening and directing communication between clinic staff, consulting staff, continuing care providers, students, university faculty and staff, and the public.
12. Responsible for evaluating and documenting function of emergency equipment and for maintaining stock medication supplies.
13. May exercise functional supervision over students or health aids.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care-Iowa River Landing offers the world-class, academic-level medicine you expect from UI Hospitals and Clinics in a convenient medical office building that makes visiting the doctor a pleasant experience. Our pledge at UI Health Care-Iowa River Landing is that our patients will receive the best possible care in a friendly, compassionate, efficient way.
WE CARE Core Values
Welcoming: We strive for an environment where every voice is heard, emphasize regular communication, and seek transparency whenever possible.
Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do.
Collaboration: We believe teamwork is the best way to work.
Accountability: We behave ethically, act openly and with integrity in all that we do, taking responsibility for our actions.
Respect: We honor diversity and recognize the worth and dignity of every person.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: 40 hours/week accomplished between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday with a 1-hour lunch and rotating Saturdays.
Location: Iowa River Landing
Rotations: Saturday rotation
Merit Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/merit-alpha-matrix
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. For more information, click here.
For more information about Why Iowa?, click here.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with the Iowa Board of Nursing, or eligible for temporary work permit. Responsible to take the required continuing education hours to maintain a valid LPN certification.
2. Basic Cardiac Life Support provider.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
Reach out to Alene Johnson at email@example.com with questions.
The department intends to hire one candidate from either the Licensed Practical Nurse (REQ# 23001189) or Medical Assistant II (REQ# 22005957) based on the qualifications of the successful candidate.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our