About GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as one of the largest foundries in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 250 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company's 300mm fabs and 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Mubadala Development Company. For more information, visit http://www.globalfoundries.com .
This is a learning-intensive program designed to give a rising law student essential business insights and hands-on experience in GF's corporate Legal dept, with a strong focus in the Corporate Compliance Office. It's a full-time, 8-week commitment from June, 2021 through August, 2021.
Internship responsibilities may include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications :
- Review and Revision of Corporate Policies, Assistance with Implementation of Policy Management Tool
- Work with in-house lawyers to solve problems, assess risks and devise strategies, and then communicate the same internally.
- Support the GF Ethics and Compliance Office in assessing and addressing issues and concerns.
- Work with the Legal Department team on a wide variety of legal matters and disciplines including, but not limited to: Litigation/Pre-Litigation; Labor & Employment; Contracts; Regulatory Issues;
- Develop, proof-read and finalize project materials including letters, presentations.
- Supports and plans work on small projects with direction from management.
- Coordinate activities and resources for projects that impact the corporate Legal team.
- Other Ad-Hoc assignments as directed by your manager
- Education - Must be actively enrolled in an accredited degree program in law (JD)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.