If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Surgery- Histo & Immuno has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Supervisor position. The incumbent will be responsible to oversee the Immunology & Histocompatibility Laboratory, ensuring the lab performs all the tests in a timely manner and in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulatory laws, standards, and protocols. The incumbent is also responsible to keep the laboratory properly staffed to ensure 24 hours of coverage, as agreed with all the Transplant Programs serviced; and to validate any new instrument, protocol, process improvement and/or software as applicable.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Performs Supervisory clinical duties in the Immunology and Histocompatibility areas.
- Assists the laboratory leadership and Medical Director in evaluating quality management and performance improvement programs across laboratory practices and ensures related policies and procedures are maintained, communicated and implemented.
- Assists the laboratory leadership and Medical Director to implement and monitor quality improvement and quality assurance efforts to ensure all regulatory standards and other operation standards are adhered to and documented and followed.
- Engages in activities relating to laboratory practice standards to ensure high quality laboratory services are delivered, quality measured, and robust performance improvement processes are in place.
- Assists the laboratory leadership and Medical Director to develop and implement training and supporting operational documentation.
- Assists the laboratory leadership and Medical Director to secure and maintain the physical facilities, equipment and supplies, which are required to carry out effective patient care and create an optimum physical environment.
- Coordinates with the team the Critical Equipment Inventory and Services
- Assists the laboratory leadership and Medical Director in establishing and maintaining standards of performance and ensuring competency and appropriate licensure of personnel.
- Cooperates in planning programs, safety protocols and preparedness for fire and other emergency disasters.
- Assists the laboratory leadership and Medical Director in being responsible for compliance with Safety Protocols within UM and other applicable institutions.
- Performs On Call Duties for IHL as applicable
- Is familiar with the operations and supervises Histocompatibility & Core Labs as assigned
- Responsible for Special IHL projects as assigned (i.e., IT projects, new tests validations, etc.)
- Works as a team player with other IHL Supervisors, Managers, and all Directors to promote effective intradepartmental relationships
- Keeps open communication channels with her team and leadership at all times
- Ensures delivery of quality and safe laboratory services to inpatients, outpatients, and employees.
- Develop and implement training and supporting operational documentation in collaboration with Director of Laboratory.
- Responsible for all the Software and IT validations required for IHL.
- Ensure all the IT problems are reported and resolved in timely manner with minimum impact on the laboratory operations.
- Participates in Clinical meetings as applicable
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Florida Medical Supervisor License required.
- CHT/CHS certification preferred.
- Two years of effective clinical laboratory experience. Experience in a leadership position preferred.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: