Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com! About the job:
The Technical Supervisor, Laboratory is responsible for technical oversight, day-to-day supervision of assigned section(s), ensuring that specimens are collected and received according to policy, and that tests are run and reported expeditiously following all quality assurance standards, policies, and procedures. The Technical Supervisor, Laboratory shares in the workload of the respective section(s) and focuses on professional development and growth for colleagues and self.What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Supervision - Assists in establishing colleague goals and ensuring adherence to policies; monitors personnel in performance of duties to evaluate efficiency, skill, and ability; monitors interpersonal behavior.
- Resource Management - Assists in developing, recommending, and implementing plans, goals, and policies for resource management, including budgeting and allocation of human resources, capital expenses, physical facilities and supplies. Maintains and evaluates resource utilization and productivity. Participates in the hiring and termination process.
- Quality Assurance - Establishes systems for monitoring, evaluating, reporting, and improving the quality of service in all aspects of laboratory services.
- Education and Training - Participates in planning and facilitating educational opportunities for better patient care, self-development, and utilization of available organizational services.
- Technical Expertise - Responsible for selection of test methodologies appropriate for the clinical use of test results and verification of test procedures performed, as well as establishment of the laboratory's test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test and test system.
- Customer Service - Establishes, maintains, and improves strong positive relationships with the medical staff, the public, other Mount Carmel Health departments and own department staff.
- Innovation - Identifies and implements methods to assure state-of-the-art operations and creates and recommends new or diversified services in a competitive healthcare environment.
- Works in collaboration to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in laboratory programs and systems with reference to service delivery, scheduling, user information and satisfaction, performance improvement and cost containment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the laboratories Performance Improvement Program.
- Ensures that an on-going, effective program of equipment preventive maintenance and repair is conducted using the best combination of in-house technicians and contracted services.
- Maintains accurate statistical data in keeping with the needs of the hospital, clinical laboratories, and outside regulatory agencies for assigned section(s).
- Participates in meetings with the Laboratory Management Team and conducts regular communication meetings with laboratory personnel in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Works actively to instill and maintain cost prevention and cost containment in all performance level colleagues in assigned section(s).
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date operational policy and procedure manual.
- Provides input for the strategic direction of laboratory services with the Laboratory Management Team.
- Works with colleagues to steward resources.
- Participates in outside professional activities including seminars and professional memberships, attends unit and department meetings as required.
- Motivates, coaches, and leads colleagues for maximum teamwork, quality, and productivity.
- Must demonstrate and maintain skill and competency in all technical areas of assigned section(s).
- Performs all the functions of colleagues in their assigned section(s) as needed.
- Monitors automated time keeping system and attendance records.
- Monitors preparation of colleague work/call schedule.
- Monitors acquisition of adequate inventory levels.
- Education: Baccalaureate degree, Associates degree acceptable for Histology/Anatomic Pathology and Cytology
- Licensure / Certification: Certification in Laboratory related field. SBB preferred for Blood Bank Supervisor. .
- Experience: Minimum of four years laboratory experience and minimum of two years relevant section(s) experience.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to relate to all aspects of health care team and can function in multiple situations.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise all activities of a department section(s) or an entire shift.
- Ability to travel to multiple work sites as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including human relations skills, decision-making abilities, and problem-solving skills.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.