IT Manager, Internal Audit
Everest Global Services, Inc.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
Everest Global Services, a member of Everest Group, Ltd., is seeking an IT Manager, Internal Audit to join our team at Everest's US Headquarters in Warren, New Jersey. This position will report to the Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit. The role will follow a hybrid work schedule of up to 2 days per week remote, and 3 days per week in our Warren, NJ office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in the testing of IT General Controls as part of management's program of internal control over financial reporting (Sarbanes-Oxley controls). Formulate a point of view of the control environment, of the design effectiveness of controls, and of the operating effectiveness of control activities.
- Participate in ongoing audit risk assessments and provide inputs to shape the annual internal audit plan.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in IT internal audits. Act as a steward of audit quality and maintenance of internal audit standards while executing audits of the highest guality standards. Identify and manage issues with stakeholders and escalate those issues within the IT Audit vertical when needed. Collaborate with supervisors to author audit reports which are timely, factual, provides perspective and demonstrates the value added through the audit services provided.
- Support the Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit, and the Chief Audit Officer, in the successful execution of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Foster trusted relationships with key stakeholders across the North America and International IT operations and develop a deep understanding of the flow of information, systems to support key business objectives, risks, controls, processes, procedures, and people. Establish a brand as IT audit subject matter expert among key stakeholders.
- Develop and articulate creative recommendations for process improvement initiatives based on observations made during the execution of audit projects or testing of internal controls.
- Manage parallel projects with often competing priorities, by directing resources and monitoring budgets in a manner responsive to a fast changing, transformational environment. Maintain high performance levels when under pressure, while instilling confidence in business stakeholders and own team members.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the IT risks and how a strong IT internal control environment supports financial reporting and operational objectives.
- Contribute ideas in the development and implementation of automated audit approaches and data analytics solutions.
- Participate in mentoring initiatives and share knowledge and experiences within the internal audit team.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations, as necessary.
- 7+ years of information technology auditing experience, or relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's degree or greater in accounting, business, or information technology
- CISA designation required, other designations (i.e., CPA, CISSP, CIA) preferred
Candidates must possess the following skills, including but not limited to:
- Effective and persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of internal audit standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Experience in auditing Software Development Life Cycle controls within application implementations.
- Strong technology knowledge including, but not limited to, ACL, MS Office, Access, SQL, Python, PowerBI or Alteryx a plus
- Must have knowledge of risks and opportunities associated with emerging technologies, robotics, automations and be curious to learn new concepts in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of electronic audit work-papers, such as AuditBoard.
- Must strive to build productive, highly collaborative, and deep relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team across divisions, departments, geographies, and cultures.
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.