Position overview and objectives Analytical skills (i.e. statistical methods, business process metrics, outcomes measurement, process modeling, quality assessment, etc.) Strong working knowledge of pharmacy practice Knowledge of current concepts of population health management, program evaluation and needs assessment The ability to prepare educational information/presentation for pharmacists (and/or other medical staff) Preferred Major(s) Minimum student standing
The objectives of the Pharmacy Internship Program are to:
a. Provide student interns with an overview of the current health care environment in managed care
b. Expose student interns to current standards of care and policy driven pharmacy practice unique to care management and medication management
c. Consult with patients regarding the proper use of medications, potential allergies, adverse drug reactions, and side effects in order to ensure the safety of the patient.
d. Provide student interns with the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally, through interaction with a multi-disciplinary team of pharmacist, nurses, dietitian, social workers and physician.
: Pharmacy Intern license; second to last or last year of Pharmacy School. The Internship Program at BCBSM is designed to enhance the skills and abilities of young professionals as well as to identify and attract future talent for our organization. Interns will gain practical hands-on work experience as well as a solid understanding of the health insurance industry. Our program is an excellent way for interns to get a good start on their careers by working on meaningful projects, learning valuable skills, and networking with employees throughout our organization, which could potentially allow interns to build a future career at BCBSM.
- Assist in preparing information and research materials to identify business problems, offer recommendations and assist management with implementation of solutions.
- Support leaders on projects designed to enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of BCBSM business, products, programs, data, organizational structure, controls, research.
- Analyze business goals, objectives, and needs within the organization.
- Participate in networking events with BCBSM leaders and other interns.
- Engage in volunteer activities/community outreach to build knowledge of our communities and customers.
- Participate in department meetings and events (i.e. monthly Diversity and Inclusion events, department wide team building events, weekly meetings to ensure team alignment, etc.).
- Current undergraduate or graduate student with a 3.0 GPA or higher required.
- Interns must be enrolled in a four-year college/university or a Master's/PhD program for the duration of the internship.
- Effective verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills to deal with multiple projects and priorities.
- Responsible for maintaining confidential information to the highest degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites and applicable BCBSM systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
This job has expired.