Integrated and Inclusive Sciences (IIS) Post-Baccalaureate Fellows - 476111
The Post-Baccalaureate Fellow (PBF) in the Integrated and Inclusive Sciences (IIS) program will assist in the preparation of pedagogical materials for the Science Math and Research Training (SMART) and University of Richmond Integrated Science Experience (URISE) programs.
This is a limited term position not to exceed two years.
- Prepping materials and supplies for URISE and SMART laboratory experiments
- Piloting or revising URISE and SMART laboratory experiments
- Will occasionally mentor students involved in the programs
- Help to oversee all aspects of the summer URISE program
- Will participate in mentored research in a Science or Math faculty member's laboratory
- Keeping inventory, cleaning/organizing after labs
- Managing laboratory experiments with faculty during student laboratory sections
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong scientific research skills including experimental and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in Biology and Chemistry
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Excellent communications skills - oral and written
- Interested in working with college students
- Bachelor's degree in science, math
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30-5:00; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- This is a two-year, limited-term position
Pay Grade 2 (Hiring Range $14.70 to $17.29 per hour) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.