Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Technician position for a Bay City, Texas location. The Instrument Tech will be responsible for safely installing, maintaining, and repairing process instrumentation in an active chemical manufacturing plant.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Complete predictive maintenance tasks and interprets data to identify and address emerging risks
- Complete repairs & calibrations on instrumentation equipment
- Ensure that maintenance is executed safely, efficiently and work quality is exceptional
- Review job packages, understand scopes, and prepare pre-task plans to ensure that maintenance work can be performed in a safe manner and in accordance with Conduct of Maintenance
- Complete repairs & calibrations on analyzer equipment safely as needed per Maintenance Team Captain & work load
- Complete level C RCAs on failures.
- Interpret predictive maintenance data to identify and reduce risk
- Provide back up coverage for on-site Analyzer Technician
- Maintain Safety and housekeeping standards
Skills / Qualifications
- A strong process reliability & safety mentality
- Ability to multitask and handle simultaneous assignments
- Must understand and have experience working with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Must be willing to learn process analyzer repair techniques
- Demonstrated troubleshooting/Root Cause Analysis (RCA) skills
- Ability to work a 10-hour shift (including evenings, weekends and holidays) and overtime, when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintenance skills
- Process and equipment knowledge
- Able to identify anomalies in equipment
- Skilled in people development and teaching
- Communicates effectively
Required years of experience:
- Min. 3-5+ years preferred in Chemical Manufacturing
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation Technology or Equivalent
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.