Do you love wiring cars or working with electronics while supporting law enforcement and first responders? Do you have one (1) or more years of experience installing car radios, car alarms, body work and more in a fast-paced shop or related experience?
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is hiring a Vehicle Installer. The individual in this role must be able to demonstrate proficiency with installations of mobile and fixed wireless radio equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines.
- Connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment.
- Install electrical wiring, antenna systems, route antenna, data, and power cabling, and apply a variety of electrical connectors.
- Disassemble and reassemble trim, seats, lights, headliners, and carpet in motor vehicles, heavy equipment, and/or any other type of equipment in order to properly route wiring and install equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary.
- Complete installations for diverse range of vehicle makes and models, including sedans, SUVs, commercial trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs.
- Maintain safe, clean, and orderly tools and work area.
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (Associate Degree Preferred) with at least 2 years of technical experience, or a combination of related education / experience.
- Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety communications and equipment.
- Experience in or basic knowledge of installation and troubleshooting two-way radios, sirens, warning lights, and other public safety vehicular equipment is preferred.
- Ability to succeed in an often fast-paced environment, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Must be able to interact and communicate professionally.
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.DIRECT REPORTS
No Direct ReportsTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more. Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.