Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
The Insight Specialist is a key player on the account team responsible for NPD's relationship with an important, multi-industry retail partner. The Insight Specialist will be accountable for delivering insights and information as well as increasing the use of data for decision making throughout this partner's organization. The primary function is to support the ongoing strategic & tactical needs of the merchandising teams by mining, analyzing, and presenting data on market trends to help them make fact-based decisions using NPD data. In addition, this position will support joint planning between the retailer and their key vendors to achive shared objectives. This is a client-facing position which requires building and maintaining relationships across the organization as part of a dynamic on-site team that operates within our Retail Business Group.
This position will be based onsite in Framingham, MA.
- Build strategic relationships with retailer contacts by delivering impactful business insights regarding the clients' most important issues/needs, both short and long-term.
- Provide market performance reporting, data analysis, insights, and customer support to the client.
- Design, prepare, and deliver concise, weekly actionable presentations.
- Manage and track projects from initial request through completion, providing regular updates.
- Respond to client requests, utilizing existing databases, new analyses, and new services.
- Build industry knowledge through active research and proactive insight delivery.
- Work with client contacts and NPD's Director to integrate our data into the retailer's decision-making processes.
- Assist in growing revenue with the client by recognizing and exploring opportunities at the client for additional services or projects.
- Deliver proactive recommendations and analysis regarding their businesses.
- Independently seek out resources within the client and NPD to help resolve client issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting data quality issues using the client's internal systems to validate NPD data.
- Provide training and support for NPD reporting and tools.
- Assist in tracking and delivering weekly and monthly measurable business results from the retailer's use of NPD data.
- Effectively understand and build relationships throughout the client's organization.
- 2-5+ years of experience in client service, analyst role, merchant analyst, retail buyer, market research, POS or Consumer data, or equivalent.
- Proven success in data pulling, formatting, and analysis, to drive fact-based decision making.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to interact proactively with multiple teams.
- Ability to organize tasks, set priorities, and develop plans in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Solid presentation skills to groups of all sizes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Expert in all MS Office products with strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Travel (
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.Relationships
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the client's organization.Discipline
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.