Information Technology Technical Associate
Prairie Research Institute
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Prairie Research Institute (PRI), a research and service institute of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign centrally located between Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis, houses five large scientific surveys covering a wide range of expertise including biology, water resources, climate, geology, sustainable technology, and archaeology. PRI's mission is to provide objective, integrated scientific research and service that allow citizens and decision-makers to make choices that ensure sustainable economic development, enduring environmental quality, and cultural resource preservation for the people, businesses, and governments of Illinois. Learn more at go.illinois.edu/PRIjobs.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION: PRI is seeking to hire an Information Technology Technical Associate to provide IT support and services for PRI staff and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide computer hardware and software support for staff, including new system installs, software and hardware installs and upgrades, troubleshooting, application support, printing, and user training.
- Work closely with other team members to resolve technical issues.
- Interact daily with staff concerning the status of specific requests.
- Resolve complex PC software and hardware problems including computer peripherals.
- Resolve problems involving network connectivity, file and print sharing, email, and other network-related issues.
- Establish and maintain documentation standards for new and existing applications.
- Monitor compliance with copyright laws, license agreements, and other related regulations.
- Provide evaluations and advice on current software and hardware trends.
- Serve as staff consultant to users.
- Maintain current software installs by tracking version upgrades and patches, testing for compatibility, and developing new procedures as needed.
- Install and configure network applications such as file and print sharing, Internet access, email, and network calendar as directed.
- Push OS images, upgrades, and software packages using SCCM.
- Provide audio/video assistance to staff for presentations.
- Utilize change management system for tracking changes.
- Configure/quote systems for staff in iBuy.
- Perform other duties as needed in order to further the mission and goals of PRI.
- Keep abreast of developments in this discipline.
- See required experience for education information.
- Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories: progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent: 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one (1) year 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two (2) years.
- Demonstrated experience including hardware and software support such as: support for MS Office, various internet browsers, and Adobe products; printer and computer setup; researching, purchasing, and recommending computer hardware and software; digital asset management; and work with large volumes of data and large data sets.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with backup systems-specifically Microsoft Data Protection Manager.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of large format printers, scanners, and plotters.
demonstrated knowledge of and support for Microsoft Office Suite, printer setup, various internet browsers, Adobe products, and digital asset management. Demonstrated organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner. Must be able to work independently. Effective communication, personal relations, collaboration, organizational, teamwork, and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a diverse and fast-paced work environment consisting of multiple and changing priorities with stringent deadlines. Attention to detail, sound judgment, and strong conflict resolution skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM/MECMSALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Information Technology Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The starting date is negotiable and the salary is commensurate with experience.To Apply:
Applications must be received by May 10, 2021
. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
- cover letter
- resume (months and years of employment must be included)
- academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma may be acceptable) for all degrees attained
- names/contact information for three references
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Megan Weeks at email@example.com. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Office of Vice Chancellor of Research and Innovation
Information Technology Technical Associate - Prairie Research Institute (144702)
Prairie Research Institute
This job has expired.