The Information Technology Intern at our administrative office, will learn from and be supervised by the Manager, Information Technology and will how to support information technology systems within a Human Services/Behavioral Health Non-Profit. The interns will be exposed to understanding HIPPA compliance, how to trouble network and user concerns, setup creations of account and disabling and how to develop and maintain IT plans, FAQ's and user training methods.
Learning Goals consist of understanding and execution on:
Upon completion of the internship, the intern will be able to understand network operations, application of HIPPA privacy rules and HITECH, communicate effective mitigation plans and provide user support by troubleshooting common issues. In addition, will learn how to delivery communication plans and develop FAQ's. Finally understand the principals behind inventory management and system operations.
Ideal interns will demonstrate the following:
Eligibility for Internship:
- Experience with, or able to learn, software
- Detail oriented administrative abilities and accurate data entry experience
- Ability to develop informational reporting based on raw data requests
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing
- Discrete, trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to meet time-sensitive time frames when necessary
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent filing skills are required, and strong organizational skills
- Professional and customer service-oriented demeanor, comfortable working with all levels of employees
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and in team environment
- Excellent business phone etiquette
- Excellent editing, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
This job has expired.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college or university.
- Must be able to commit to a full semester, at least 20 hours per week (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
- Provide a resume and 300 word cover letter, indicating internship choice and reason to be accepted.
- Meeting the application submission deadline and including all required information.
- Must have acceptable Criminal Background check, and Negative Drug Screening
- Exceptions may be made for internships required for the attainment of a professional certification under the guidance of a recognized professional certification board.