Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
Sign-on Bonus: $5,000
This position is for an Instrumentation / Electrical Tech based at the Linde, CO2 Plant in Sandhill, MS.
The overall objective of the Instrumentation / Electrical Tech. is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Instrumentation / Electrical Tech will be responsible for working with preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for instrument systems and equipment in the production facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
- Performs all the administrative and reporting tasks of the position including:
- Maintains operating and maintenance history for all equipment as may be required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation such as EAM/PROCAL work orders, service reports and equipment calibration records as required by Linde I/E CMMS maintenance database system
- Troubleshooting, calibration, and maintenance of pneumatic and electronic analog and digital process control instrumentation
- Troubleshoot/repair Predictive program instrumentation and document instrumentation
- repair history in the CMMS system as required by site specific documentation
- Troubleshoot systems utilizing control logic drawings as they relate to process control
- Troubleshoot, maintenance and minor repair of low voltage electrical systems (600VAC and below)
- Process analytical equipment calibration and maintenance which may include: Thermal Conductivity, Gas Chromatograph, Electrolytic process analyzers
- Schedule and perform activities related to the operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic control systems, pneumatics, instrumentation, control valves, motor control systems, low voltage electrical distribution, computer interfaces, and analytical equipment
- Automatic control valve troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair
- Ensure spare parts are available or replaced when used/installed
- Always maintains a high degree of personal safety and environmental awareness
- Required to climb ladders, stairways and operate man-lifts for elevated instrumentation and control valve maintenance
- Instructs contract personnel on safety rules and regulations and maintains constant surveillance to always assure their compliance
- This position will require the I&E Tech to not only troubleshoot and maintain the plant, but be able to learn the process, operate the plant, and help load competitor and customer trucks if needed
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 30% travel domestically. Accessible during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts, and crane baskets. The job will require the employee to be on rotating call during the allotted schedule time and cover vacations. During scheduled rotating call the employee will be required to cover the plant operation during off hours, come in on the weekends to check plant out, be available for customer and competitor pickups.Required Qualifications: Associates Degree or Engineering Technology Degree in Instrumentation/Electronics OR Minimum of 5 years of experience in the maintenance of instrumentation systems and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting, repairs, testing and calibration of industrial instrumentation systems and equipment Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial instrumentation systems and equipment Excellent communication and team interaction skills Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail, CMMS and ProCal, etc.) Strong working knowledge of electricity, electrical systems, and motors Must be able to read and understand P&ID's and schematic wiring diagrams Strong organization and planning skills Desired Qualifications: Proven understanding of process control systems and methodology in an industrial manufacturing environment Proven experience in CMMS systems such as EAM
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Grade commensurate with experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.