Human Resources Generalist
Are you an independent self-starter? Do you have experience managing and resolving complex employee relations issues, including conducting internal investigations? Do you have strong communication and critical thinking skills with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service? If you have checked all the boxes so far, then this might be for you; keep reading!
We are searching for a Human Resources Generalist to support our team with a variety of Human Resources functions, including an emphasis on employee relations. If you have a solid knowledge of Human Resources business processes and functions, and good organizational, analytical, and time-management skills, then we are looking for you to be a key contributor to our Human Resources team.
Our group is hard working, diligent and customer focused, with key contributors across the country - from the West to the East Coast. We rely on technology to bring our work groups together; flexibility and adaptability are competencies we appreciate!
*This will be a hybrid position; both working from home and in a corporate or regional office. Candidate must be within commuting distance to our San Diego, CA, Irving, TX, or Arlington, VA office.
The perfect fit for this role will have:
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist experience.
- HRIS system knowledge; Workday Strongly Preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven expertise managing multiple projects concurrently, with various teams and functional groups.
- Ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems related to employees, processes, systems and organizations.
- Experience responding to inquiries regarding confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and discretion in handling.
- Thorough understanding of Human Resources best practices, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Regulations related to employment practices.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and adjust priorities, as needed.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing, across various audiences.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- A demonstrated record of taking initiative, effectively resolving employee relations issues, and building relationships.
Are you a fit so far? We hope so! Here's the kind of work you'll be doing:
- Assisting and advising managers regarding employee relations issues; conducting thorough investigations; recommending termination when warranted.
- Providing advice and assistance to managers and associates in matters relating to conduct, performance, attendance, and conflict resolution. Reviewing and approving corrective and disciplinary action requests.
- Consulting with and helping to educate all associates on company policies and procedures, assisting with related inquiries.
- Reviewing and responding to online reputational management surveys via Glassdoor and Indeed.
- Conducting exit interviews as well as review and analysis of new hire surveys and exit interviews. Reporting data regularly to include trends and strategic recommendations.
- Reviewing and advising on various HR related actions such as transfer and promotion requests, background checks, etc.
- Managing Workers Compensation claims processing including return to work programs and safety initiatives.
- Leave of absence administration.
- Conducting periodic HR related audits.
- Managing Fairfield's associate recognition and tenure programs.
- Analyzing job descriptions for appropriate grading and FLSA classification, internal equity and market analysis.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
At Fairfield, we are proud to be a leader in the multifamily housing industry. We are passionate about creating exceptional and luxurious apartment living. Among the most experienced multifamily companies, Fairfield has developed and acquired over 975 communities since 1985. We are an award-winning company that proudly employs over 1,300 associates who are dedicated to serving our customers at our apartment communities located in over 30 markets nationwide.
We have a great opportunity for you to work side by side with our passionate, bright and highly experienced professionals in the Multifamily Housing industry.
Why consider us?
This job has expired.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Careers are made at Fairfield- We are committed to developing our staff through our robust in-person, online and social training. Promotions from within are encouraged.
- Environmentally Aware- Fairfield leads the industry through our Living Green Program and our LEED Certified communities.
- Award Winning- Fairfield is recognized for our customer service, training and professionalism.
- Cutting Edge Technology- Fairfield utilizes innovative property leasing and accounting software that maximizes productivity.