St. Jude is looking for an HPC Infrastructure Engineer (I, II or Senior). This role will support the computer system needs of various St Jude laboratories. This will include maintaining computer systems, evaluating appropriate software or hardware solutions for a given problem, installing software, developing pipelines, and creating documentation and training material. The successful candidate will be highly engaged with laboratories doing a variety of scientific research functions. Through this engagement, the successful candidate will gain a deeper understanding of computational needs of the laboratories and be able to provide proactive support and recommendations.
Minimum EducationBachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field is requiredMaster's degree is preferred Minimum Experience
- Work with research lab personnel to understand computer and software systems requirements.
- Troubleshoot problems observed on lab systems.
- Assist in administration of lab computer systems (Linux or Windows).
- Install software products either locally or centrally.
- Document processes for utilizing systems.
- Employ Quality Assurance techniques and best practices for system administration to ensure robust environment on lab systems.
- Advise on computer system acquisition and configuration
Sr HPC Infrastructure Engineer:
- Minimum experience: Four (4) years of IT experience with experience in infrastructure operations and engineering environments.
- Experience in infrastructure design, systems analysis, and security management.
- Some experience working with commercial models around infrastructure capacity procurement.
- Experience in customer service and vendor management.
- Some experience in business stakeholder engagement and management.Proven performance in earlier role/comparable role.
HPC Infrastructure Engineer II:
- Minimum requirement: Two (2) years of IT experience with experience in infrastructure operations and engineering environments.
- Some experience in infrastructure design, systems analysis, and security management.
- Some experience working with business stakeholders to identify and document requirements.
- Proven performance in earlier role/comparable role.
HPC Infrastructure Engineer I:
Required Credentials Other InformationCOVID-19 vaccine:
- Some experience and/or understanding of supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery preferred.
As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment. EEO Statement: St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude. F1457
This job has expired.