Are you curious about different ways to solve existing problems in veterinary medicine and enjoy being on the leading edge? If so, VCA Fort Collins Animal Hospital is the hospital for you!
VCA Fort Collins Animal Hospital is seeking a full-time Hospital Manager to join our practice currently located in Fort Collins, Colorado, and manage both our GP and soon to be open Urgent Care!
VCA Fort Collins promotes a community of healthy, happy pets by providing quality medicine and individualized compassionate care. The hospital is member of VCA IdeaPark, a group of hospitals working to rethink the future of veterinary medicine. You will be joining a network of like-minded associates, supported by an all-star team and have access to our latest digital tools. We have a wonderful clientele.
The Hospital Manager performs a wide range of difficult to complex administrative activities related to oversight of personnel and hospital operations. The goal is to provide quality patient care and excellent client service. Responsibilities include team building and support of our associates, management of finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of services, staffing and human resources, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective business operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong people leadership skill set with experience forging and developing high performing teams.
- Person of high moral integrity and capable of building trusting relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results by empowering other hospital leaders and team members.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and service teams towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service.
- Assist in the formulation of objectives and practices to ensure efficient and successful hospital operations.
- Oversee the performance review cycle to ensure associates are receiving feedback and have the ability to work towards performance improvement.
- Model an owner mentality by demonstrating a willingness to assist all associates in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- Paid life insurance
- Paid short-term disability insurance
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com