Follow and like us:
Position & Client Overview:
We currently have multiple job openings throughout the state of New York for contract histotechnologists and histotechnicians on all shifts in all departments. These facilities range from level one trauma centers to small medical centers with varying levels of volume.
From Niagara Falls to the Statue of Liberty, Massena Barnhardt Island to Staten Island and everywhere in between, New York State is immense (54,556 square miles) and has something for everyone. The Adirondacks in the north offer amazing views where you can experience Lake Placid's Olympic Center and explore charming villages like Saranac Lake. Niagara Falls in the west is America's first state park. And of course the iconic New York City offers award-winning restaurants, world-famous attractions including Broadway, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building.
Why travel with HCI? It's simple! Since 1997 we have focused 100% of our recruiting efforts on the laboratory industry. That's all we do!
HCI will reward you with a competitive pay package that is financially unique to you. We also offer:
- Weekly pay (unlike many other companies)
- Shift differential/on call (if applicable) in addition to your hourly wage
- 100% paid expenses to and from assignments
- Daily non-taxable per diems for meals and incidentals
- Paid rental car or receive a car allowance to use your personal vehicle
- Paid hotel/lodging/apartment costs, and you approve the apartments
- Pet-friendly housing
- Non-taxable daily per-diem for lodging if you coordinate your own housing
- Sign on, extension, or completion bonuses for some assignments
- Referral bonuses up to $500!
We also offer a complete benefits plan including:
- Health insurance, national PPO medical plan with coverage in all states
- Major dental & vision insurance
- Life, short and long term disability, accident, gap, as well as critical illness and cancer insurance plans
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Direct deposit
Here's more about the Histotechnologist and Histotechnician jobs we have open in New York:
Perform routine specimen preparation which involves cutting various tissue types and mounting them on glass slides for examination under the microscope by the pathologist.
Nationally certified histotechnician experienced in receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Able to perform complex histologic procedures, recognize deviations from expected results, and analyze and correct problems using scientific principles learned from NAACLS training and [number] years of experience.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Remove tissue from a preservative solution, remove water from the sample, and replace it with paraffin wax
- Embed sample in a larger block of wax to prepare it for slicing before mounting it on a microtome
- Slice or section the sample then stain with special dyes and mount on a slide for viewing with a microscope
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry
- HTL(ASCP) or HT(ASCP) certification
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.