Position/Job Title: Help Desk Technician - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Help Desk Technician to resolve or satisfy communications and IT requirements. The Help Desk Technician assesses and troubleshoots computer support problems and applies understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve problems of users; provides assistance to users using computer software or equipment; expected to properly diagnose problems and guide users through problem resolution; set up, image or repair computer equipment and related devices; train users to utilize new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email; and respond to phone, web, fax and email requests for assistance using remote tools and automated trouble ticketing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- The position shall provide Consolidated Service Desk (CSD) first contact resolution to resolve or satisfy communications and IT issues and requirements to include support for all base users/devices, approximately 18,000 users and 24,000 end devices.
- The candidate shall respond to all CSD customer calls and tickets for support with the objective of resolving 75% or more of the calls/tickets on first contact.
- The Help Desk Technician shall respond to NIPR and SIPR customer support requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Create tickets (incident and/or work orders) for NIPR and SIPR issues received via telephone, web portal, and/or e-mail and document tickets in detail through the AIS (Remedy). A Remedy Incident is an unplanned interruption to an IT Service or reduction in the quality of an IT service. A Remedy Work Order is a new service or capability request.
- Use Government provided remote-support software tools to access customer end devices to resolve/complete customer tickets. Have the capability to properly support temporary surges of workload. Workload (calls & tickets) surges occur when a significant number of users across the enterprise are affected by an issue causing the CSD workload volume to significantly increase. Document analysis, findings, and events as part of the ticket prior to escalation Participate in the development, administration, and maintenance of a knowledge database work management support tool by writing and verifying knowledge articles as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Must have 9+ years of experience of demonstrated/practical hands-on experience.
- Must possess and maintain an IT-I level II certification and an IAT II certification IAW DoD 8570.01 - certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.