Job ID: 435599
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position works hand in hand with the laborer position to complete jobs. While the position primarily consists of operating heavy machinery, there is also laborer job functions that need to be completed as necessary.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, backhoes, etc.
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with the other equipment.
- When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the Equipment Mover.
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the equipment close range.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Be able to communicate appropriately with direct reports, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Related experience in construction field (desired)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- Previous knowledge of heavy equipment desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.Work Environment
- Majority of work will be performed outside in conditions that may be extreme in temperature and condition.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022 Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Labor, Laborer, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering
This job has expired.