Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for providing project supervision to a construction site or business unit.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite's Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels
- Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse affects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations
- Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the affect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule and is staffed appropriately.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions and provide input with scheduling, engineering, and material control in order to make sure project objectives are met.
- Supervise and direct field supervisors, superintendents and other contractors to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project are met.
- Interface with all on-site work teams (including subcontractors) as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality, safety, scheduling and achieving schedules in support of overall project objectives.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project Work Plans and procedures, working documents and standards to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety, quality and environmental initiatives to ensure a compliant work environment.
- Recruit/recommend and hire qualified individuals to maintain high-performing teams.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 8+ years of construction management and/or craft supervision experience in a similar field of construction.
- experience supervising airfield construction projects (i.e. - taxiways, runways, etc.), preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); company policies, procedures and standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
- Excellent management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Team player
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.Work Experience:Certifications and Applicable Licenses:Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.