We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skills. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
Following the establishment of AstraZeneca's Vaccines and Immune Therapies Unit (V&I) earlier this year, we are now recruiting for a number of Director-level opportunities to support our COVID-19 portfolio, including our COVID-19 Long-Acting Monoclonal Antibody.
The Director role will report directly to a Head of Marketing, COVID-19, V&I and will be expected to have a high level of collaboration with global cross functional groups (Patient & Business Insight, Medical Affairs, R&D, Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Excellence, Customer Advocacy and Congresses, etc), Regional teams and local Market Company (MC) teams. In this role, you will be accountable to drive the strategic plan, implement the operational plan and provide launch preparation support to key launch countries. The successful candidate must be a strong matrix leader and marketer, with specific responsibility for shaping and implementing brand strategy. Clear thinking, with the ability to lead and demonstrate passion for the brand, is required.
What You Will Do:
- Based upon insights and input from key focus markets and customer groups, drive an integrated and well-rounded brand and indication strategy, plan and campaign evolution liaising with Medical, Access, Commercial Excellence and other relevant functions for input building and alignment.
- Influence and drive the execution of strategy, operational plan and new data launch roll out, along with continuous evaluation and evolution of the global brand strategy and tactics, making course corrections as needed
- Accountable for working with regions and key markets to ensure consistent execution of the strategy, new data launch readiness / commercial excellence, performance analysis and understanding
- Work with external key disease experts and policy partners' relationships in line with brand team objectives - represent the view of the customer and patient in global teams
- Contribute to the V&I (COVID-19) Commercial Franchise team agenda, be an engaged teammate and supportive colleague
- Self-starter, able to work independently. High personal drive to find new solutions and challenge the broader organization to deliver
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing or sciences
- Depth of experience and expertise in vaccines and / or infectious disease
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers and providers
- Experience using clinical data to shape brand strategies and lifecycle planning
- Experience with revenue forecasting, budget/expense management, business case development and management/ communication of brand performance.
- Experience working with medical and clinical professionals as part of cross-functional teams
- A track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics that have delivered strong commercial results
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to collaborate in a matrix environment
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.