A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: You will lead the Research and Development Function for (PSS) Process Solutions Services (ca 70 FTEs US and UK) and will be a vital member of the PSS Business Leadership Team. Within your purview, you will make final decisions on critical scientific matters and ensure a strong innovation pipeline for Biosafety and Analytical testing. You will have full budgetary accountability for your area and will own all investment decisions relating to the business strategy. Reporting to you are 5 FTE's who divide the R&D endeavors between Virology/NGS/Analytical Testing/Molecular R&D Services. In addition, but not limited to, you will assume responsibility for innovation thought leadership and external facing innovation activities, technology scouting activities and influencing regulatory development in critical innovation areas for PSS.
Who you are:
- 10+ years scientific experience in R&D in the Biotech/Life Science Industry
- 5+ years at a senior level leading an R&D organization of size in a life science, GMP/FDA regulated industry such as pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical, experience in Service/Testing space a plus
- Successful track record of bringing products/services from ideation through the R&D process to operations and finally to market
- Scientific breadth and depth, including but not limited to new modalities/drug concepts and recent developments in the drug development, drug testing and biotech manufacturing space. Experience in analytical labs should be included.
- Knowledge of US and EU GMP regulations
- MS in Life Sciences, E.g., cellular or molecular Biology, Biotech
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What we offer:
- PhD in Life Sciences, E.g., cellular or molecular Biology, Biotech
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong and broad scientific background and a good business acumen
- Able to play a key role in influencing business strategy from a scientific perspective and translating strategy into a viable research and development roadmap
- Excellent leadership and communication skills at the C-level and at the scientific level
- You truly enjoy collaborating beyond boundaries to pressure test innovative ideas for commercial feasibility
- You possess broad ranging scientific experience and are an astute observer of your industry, acquiring knowledge where necessary for use in Applied Research
- You are a recognized senior leader in the R&D space
- You creatively translate your ideas into Innovative Products and can communicate this to all levels of the organization at ranging levels of complexity
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 212282
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.