Talladega Superspeedway was created as a palace of speed in 1969 by NASCAR founder Bill France, Sr., who coined it "the Greatest Race Track in the World." At a mammoth 2.66-miles with 33 degrees of banking in the turns, it is NASCAR's Most Competitive venue. The "Fun" track prides itself on being family friendly, especially with the introduction of the Talladega Garage Experience in 2019 where guests are immersed into motorsports like never before. The host of two major NASCAR weekends a year, the iconic ribbon of asphalt is easy accessible off I-20, located between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.
Perform a variety of duties necessary to maintain all aspects of the track facility with special emphasis on event preparation, track rentals and on-site activities.
- Operate equipment of all types (tractor, dirt compactor, backhoe, water truck, power/hand tools, fork lift, dump truck sweeper) as directed by Manager of Facility Operations and maintain equipment as necessary to meet goals and objectives of facility.
- Communicate, manage, and work directly with track vendors and contractors.
- Operate equipment of all types as directed by Manager of Facility Operations, and maintain equipment as necessary to meet goals and objectives of facility.
- Hang and dismantle signage, banners, etc., as needed.
- Dig ditches with shovel, trencher and or backhoe.
- Maintain landscaped areas as required to achieve desired results in overall appearance of facility.
- Clean grounds, including but not limited to, removal of trash and litter, year-round.
- Repair tools, water lines, fences, gates, walls, walkways, buildings and perform necessary general maintenance as directed by Manager of Facility Operations.
- Paint track wall, fences, concrete barriers, grounds and buildings utilizing ladders, lifts and scaffolding as directed by Manager of Facility Operations.
- Positive interaction with other facilities staff to ensure the best case scenario for accomplishing respective tasks.
- Willingness to accept direction in diverse circumstances and the ability to adapt manual skill level to a variety of work areas and see a job through to completion in a satisfactory manner with little supervision.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum age 18 years old.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Successfully pass a driving record check. (Preferred, not required)
- Work performed in environments with a wide range of temperature and weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Work requires extended periods of standing and walking.
- Frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing (extension ladders, stairs, and ramps, in and out of ditches).
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.