Follow and like us:
Join a top ranked US hospital in sunny South Florida. This facility is seeking a Florida licensed Medical Technologist with strong blood banking skills for the Night shift.
Fort Lauderdale is famous for its beaches, arts, culture and events. From shopping on Las Olas Boulevard, to gondola rides on the canals, to a historic riverfront. Just two miles north of Port Everglades, you can experience Fort Lauderdale's landscaped beachfront promenade, with its signature white wave wall and brick paved path. Across the street, visit luxury hotels, and enjoy Fort Lauderdale shopping or dining or a narrated 90-minute amphibious tour of quaint Las Olas Boulevard, historical districts, and the mansions and yachts dotting Millionaires Row.
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education and Certification:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.