Position/Title: Mid to Senior Full Stack .Net Developer (.Net Core, C#, ASP.Net) - 100% Remote
** NOTE: Any React framework experience would be a huge plus.
Location: 100% Remote (anywhere in the US)
Responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Provide technology solutions to allow business units to achieve their objectives and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into existing system
- Create and refine system specifications
- Gather requirements from business
- Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and/or modify programs to adapt to changes in need and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with business, complete final program documentation and obtain approval for changes
- Assist in and sometimes lead on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
This individual will assist with the development and maintenance of detailed computer program design, coding, testing, debugging and implementation as required by project goals. In addition, the .Net Programmer/Analyst will identify and resolve computer information system application malfunctions to assure continuity of service for supported business functions.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to complete a complex software lifecycle: scope, design, code, test and implement
- Participate in requirement analysis and definition
- Prepare code documentation in support of program development
- Follow established company software development guidelines and procedures
- Debug, test and install new application programs
- Debug and test existing application programs
- Develop test procedures and test platforms for programs and/or programming functions
- Modify existing systems
- Confer with departments to identify software/reporting needs
- Manage systems project timelines as they relate to programming
- Assure system documentation by directing the writing of detailed descriptions of the system components
- Create the training modules for user groups
- Develop and implement software solutions that will empower the users as well as boost the overall operational efficiencies
- Perform ad hoc reports on demand
- Monitor the integrity of scheduled reports/tasks and jobs ensuring the proper flow of data into tables, updates, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- At least 4+ years of total development experience in web-related technologies
- 3+ years' experience with ASP.NET MVC, at least 1 year using the 4-4.5 framework
- 1+ years' experience in .Net Core (is a plus)
- 1+ years' experience with any of the front-end libraries, like Knockout, Angular JS, and etc.
- 4+ years' experience using C #
- 4+ years' experience with Web Services(WCF & Web API), Web Forms, and XML
- 4+ years of transact SQL experience writing complex stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 a plus
- Knowledge of insurance applications a plus
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.