Reports to the Sr Manager of Fire Protection with responsibilities to include:
• Maintains a compliant and sustainable corporate fire protection/life safety environment.
• Ensures that fire protection practices protect employees, the public, contractors, company infrastructure, and the environment.
• Manage fire protection systems inspection, testing, maintenance (ITM) program as well as the design and installation of new/upgrade fire protection systems across assigned AVANGRID territory.
• Performs oversight and coordinates facility emergency pre-planning and evacuation training requirements.
• Champions best practices for planning, implementation and integration of fire protection systems and life safety administrative controls across the AVANGRID territory.
Interprets and addresses compliance concerns using applicable codes and standards including but not limited to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Code Council (ICC) as well as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations. This position is an analyst position responsible for supporting diverse occupancies over a large geographic territory. The candidate must approach tasks and challenges in a logical and methodical manner recognizing when to seek guidance and direction as appropriate.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
• Ensures all AVANGRID and Holding Company Affiliates comply with applicable fire protection and life safety Company Policies/Procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
• Ensures that existing AVANGRID Company fire protection systems are properly maintained providing effective controls and early notification to warn occupants/summon 1st responders in emergency situations.
• Develop, implement, and maintain approved fire prevention, emergency planning, and evacuation programs with location stakeholders for occupied locations under their responsibility.
• Review and provide guidance to Building Asset Management (BAM) on the creation and installation of emergency evacuation route maps.
• Works with Manager and Business Office to administer Operating & Capital budgets; request PR's/PO's, review and approve invoicing, maintain system files, etc.
Skills and Requirements
• Associates degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Science, Technology, or related Safety or Emergency Management discipline with applicable emphasis in fire and life safety.
• Minimum 5 years of broad-based experience in fire protection and facility emergency management program administration.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an AHJ or code official.
• Experience in fire protection system installation and retrofits; this shall include experience with building structures and systems that must be interfaced with during applicable construction activities.
• Experience in electric, gas, and wind utility operations are a plus. This includes operating systems, infrastructure, and field operations.
• Experience with interpretation and application of established fire and life safety codes (NFPA Standards, ICC Fire and Building Codes, ADA and NSI A117.1 Accessibility, OSHA 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Subpart E and L Fire Protection, OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Construction Subparts C & F, etc.).
• Use and application of FM Global Loss Prevention Data Sheets.
• Demonstrated experience using principles/practices of emergency management - FEMA ICS.
• Experience creating and delivering training and presentations for diverse audiences. This includes experience creating and delivering presentations using standard systems/equipment (Power Point, TEAMS, Multimedia) across multiple levels of the Company.
• Structural Firefighting experience with a strong knowledge of fire behavior.
• Detail-oriented individual skilled in maintaining accurate records/files, entering/retrieving info via computer-based systems with attention to accuracy.
• Demonstrated experience using the FEMA ICS structure.
• Experience setting priorities, coordinating multiple projects, and meeting critical deadlines.
• Experience using standard office practices, including the operation of office equipment, MS Office Suite, MS Project (working knowledge of CAD a plus).
Licenses and Certificates:
• NFPA Fire Investigator I or II Certification is a plus.
• Related certifications in fire safety and life safety, emergency planning is a plus.
• Stop the Bleed trainer certification is a plus.
$80,000.00 per yearPosted about 3 hours ago
Bluffton, South Carolina
$80,000.00 per yearPosted about 3 hours ago
$130,000.00 per yearPosted about 3 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our