Financial Analyst III
Requisition Number: 45134
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) develops, designs, and builds instruments and spacecraft for space-based observations of the Sun, Earth, and planets.
- LASP has built instruments and participated in missions to every planet in the solar system.
- LASP manages the financial aspects for over 170 active grants and contracts, from proposal through award.
LASP is seeking a dynamic financial professional to further LASP's science mission by providing coordination and support to individual programs as well as to aid LASP faculty in managing sponsored research programs.
- This professional will have a technology-first approach to solving problems and optimizing processes.
- Duties include research, selection, and compilation of financial data from multiple sources, such as production, accounting, vendors, and duties also include subsequent analysis of that data to produce business information used to support decisions.
- Data are often difficult to obtain and may be diluted with unnecessary data points. Identifies questionable data and may then direct others in verifying the accuracy of data.
- Provides and presents executive summary of data results in a simplified understandable outline. Work assignments are of the greatest difficulty and largest financial impact.
- Provides work leadership and direction to other professional and clerical staff with respect to project approach and identification of project tasks
- Decisions may impact the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative and business processes.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are LASP
is a world-renowned space science research institute at the University of Colorado Boulder. CU receives more NASA funding than any public university in the country, due in large part to LASP programs. Professional engineers work closely with scientists and assembly technicians in designing and building space flight hardware while helping mentor students as entry-level engineers working on these programs. LASP is particularly proud of a work environment that supports employee creativity and productivity and offers opportunities for diverse experiences and a broad range of responsibilities. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Performs work of varied and considerable difficulty requiring advanced data collection, analysis, forecasting, and compiling and writing reports.
- Functions as the Financial Program Analyst for multi-year projects or multiple grants associated with multiple PIs (Principal Investigators). This includes working closely with Engineering Management, Principal Investigators and other project stakeholders to provide financial data analysis, track costs and to advise on financial matters.
- Reviews research grants and/or contracts to ensure project compliance with reporting requirements and identify issues as necessary.
- Applies knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards, budgeting principles, auditing standards, budgeting practices, public administration, and/or legal and regulatory compliance.
- Interacts frequently with program managers, functional managers, and directors requiring a high level of communication skills to analyze or resolve issues.
- Develops, interprets, and/or evaluates compliance with policies and procedures.
- May impact policy and budget decisions at the department and lab levels.
- Works independently or as a team member within existing guidelines and policies.
- Provides peer assistance in specialty area or serves as a leader for a team or small work unit.
- Exercises considerable discretion and judgement in making recommendations related to the allocation of funds, expenditures and capital investments.
- May conduct special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Consults with program management and principal investigators on the benefits and impacts of critical decisions.
- Other duties as assigned to facilitate continuity within research programs at LASP.
What We Can Offer
- Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The salary range for this position is $86,500-$93,000. We offer a generous retirement plan that includes 200% matching for the first 5% contributed with immediate vesting. Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be Statements
Be ambitious. Be groundbreaking. Be Boulder. What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent, with 6 to 9+ years of experience or a master’s of business administration and 4 to 7+ years of experience.
- Understands the federal, state, and university guiding principles.
- Demonstrated ability to research, investigate, analyze, reconcile, and evaluate data.
- Able to generate financial statement reports for internal and external customers.
- Effective decision-making and accurate analysis of program use of time, money, and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV.
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version as an optional attachment.
This position will remain open filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Financial-Analyst-III/45134
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency