• The Filler Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
• Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
• Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
• Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
• Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
• Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
• Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
• Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
• Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
• Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
• Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
• Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
• Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
• Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 6 months related experience required.
• Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull for virtually the entire shift.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
• Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 35 minutes ago
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 33 minutes ago