DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
AField Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the equipment within their geographic area of responsibility. The role is a broadly skilled position qualified to perform most troubleshooting, and repair tasks within their area of responsibility. The work is related to maintenance, electrical, measurement, and repair tasks.Actively involved in peer mentoring/training as needed.
Thisparticular jobwe are hiring for has a higher amount of work focused oninspection, calibration and repair of gas measurement equipment.
What you will be responsible for
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of meter and associated equipment (meter tube plates, ultrasonic meter, flow computer)
- Routine inspection, maintenance and repair of communications equipment and sampling system.
- Performs product composition and quality sampling and testing.
- Conducts routine inspection of equipment and facilities (equipment health, security, AVO- Audio, Visual, Olfactory), operation of liquid handling systems, and operation of dehydration systems.
- Conducts pipeline pigging, hydrate management, etc.
- Responsible for Startup, Shutdown, and operation of gas compression equipment.
- Maintains pipeline ROW such as markers, signs, and vegetation exposures.
- One Call: Pipeline location and marking, monitor encroachment, excavation, and crossings.
- Maintains effective customer and landowner relations.
- Performs routine inspection and operation of dehydration systems.
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations and is available for callout.
- Participates and successfully completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets, Maximo work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- May oversee contractors, providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Tech school training program or 1 year of oil and gas operations experience is required; 3 - 5 Years of experience in oil and gas operations preferred.
- 1 year specialized experience inmeasurement equipment maintenance
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to workextended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to worksafely around various types of rotating equipment
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.Primary Location:
Sep 11, 2021, 12:00:00 AMRecommended Skills
Coaching And Mentoring
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Perryton, TX, TXJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you\'re the perfect candidate?
This job has expired.