Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Safety Technician-Onshore with a fast-proven record of accomplishments to support operations in Bridgeport, TX for a contract assignment. T he Contract Health and Safety Professional provides routine technical Health and Safety support for the the Drilling and Completions project areas. Under general supervision, the candidate will ensure compliance with applicable standards, laws, and regulations. This is field based position.
**Locals preferred, must live within a 50-60 mile radius or willing to relocate with no assistance. No per diem or lodging provided.**
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Promote and demonstrate Leadership attributes
- Experience with Drillling, Completions and Workovers
- Provide Health and Safety guidance and recommendations to Operations to comply with EHS regulatory requirements and Company EHS standards
- Develop, gather, and maintain Health and Safety data for routine reports and regulatory documents
- Participate and lead incident investigations, Health and Safety Reviews and training sessions
- Works with Facilities Engineers to ensure existing and new facilities are safe and efficient.
- Works with third party producers to ensure optimal performance.
- Makes recommendations for improvement in operations and maintenance processes.
- Works with Lead Operator to organize and execute major/minor turn-arounds.
- Assist field personnel with ensuring contractor compliance with EHS Standards
- Assist in auditing contractor EHS performance, policies, and standards
- Expectations to be in the field 80% with the operations teams
- Ability to address and manage conflict
- Oil and Gas Industry Experience Required
- Always practice safe work habits
- Demonstrate commitment to Safety Standards
- Advanced level computer skills
- Able to travel as required
Skills / Qualifications EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree or relevant industry related EHS field experience EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of industry related EHS industry experience.
- Prefer previous experience with completions and workovers.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.