DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS: WAPE - WJGL - WXXJ - WOKV-FM - WOKV-AM, WEZI - WJGL-HD2, WOKV-HD2, JACKSONVILLE, FL
Provide artistic, creative and professional leadership as Director of Operations for Cox Media Group's Jacksonville radio cluster. The general duties to which you may be assigned and to which you agree to perform to the best of your professional ability include, but are not limited to, any of the following: the establishment and achievement of programming and ratings goals, the maintenance and execution of format and formatics, the set-up of music lists, the hiring and development of on-air talent, promotion efforts and expenditures, authority with respect to syndicated and other special programming, coordination of marketing efforts, including programming, research and advertising, oversight of all production elements and digital content included within the Company format and the daily operations of the Programming Department, on-air duties as assigned, and such other media or general activities of the Company as Company may from time to time determine.
What we look for
- Over-sight of all Programming, Promotions and Production Departments for Cox Media Group-Jacksonville Radio.
- Maintain and oversight of all six stations' Programming, Promotions and Production department budgets.
- Program Director responsibilities for one or more stations
- Oversight of all station strategic action plans.
- Oversight of hiring and coaching of all stations programming staff.
- Oversee music scheduling on all stations.
- Oversight of all stations social media strategy
- Oversight of all stations digital efforts
- Oversight of writing and production of all station imaging
- Weekly/quarterly monitoring of all stations.
- Oversight and implementation of station marketing and promotions.
- Oversight of station research projects.
- Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
- Track record of success in PPM ratings methodology.
- Track record of PPM success with a personality driven morning show. Proficiency in interpreting ratings data.
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automations systems, such as Maestro, AudioVault, WideOrbit, etc.
- Extensive digital experience with station web sites, social media, and mobile.
- On-air experience, and experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
- Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years radio programming experience, as the Program Director, and preferably as Operations Manager
- Maestro and Adobe 3.0 knowledge is essential.
- Wide Orbit experience preferred
- Evidence of proficiency in Digital Content creation/curation
- Firm understanding of all digital platforms, including social media
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.