EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking Resident Engineers with a NY PE License and 10+ years' experience for our Construction Services group in our NYC office. You will manage daily construction management and inspection projects for NYC DDC, projects will include but not limited to water mains and/or storm and sanitary sewers.
- Attend project meetings, record-keeping, correspondence, compiling and delivering of required reports, including Contractors' submittals, RFI's and shop drawings
- Accountable for site safety, permit compliance, and coordination with other adjacent projects
- Manage inspection and staff
- Monitoring Contractor performance, scheduling, and quality control
- Review and approve daily inspection reports and payment quantities in accordance with DDC requirements
- Prepare Change Orders
- Inform community liaison about upcoming work and minimize disruptions to the public
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field from an accredited program
- 10+ years' experience, with 5 or more on water/wastewater related construction projects
- Experience working with the city, county state or federal governmental agencies. NYC DDC experience is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- New York PE License is required
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification
- ACI Certification is a plus
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
Shift -not applicable-
Position Resident Engineer
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP01 - NYC
This job has expired.