Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
General Job description:
Overall operating of the Extruder, Recycling, Belt Press, and 2 Roll Calendar.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for personal safety and participating in plant safety process.
- Enter data into SAP.
- Inspect quality of processed material, noting size and dimension accuracies for a quality final product
- Verify the correct setup and function of the machine.
- Identify and report worn parts immediately.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Troubleshoot and report machine malfunctions.
- Perform proper and efficient changeovers.
- Use the correct settings on assigned equipment.
- Prevent defects through the process.
- Follow setup and run procedures, safety and quality procedures as documented.
- Must be willing and able to stand for long periods of time and work flexible hours.
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning.
- Complete all documentation accurately.
- Make machine adjustments when necessary.
- Must follow the quality management system policy and procedures.
- Communicate production or quality issues to appropriate team members.
- Inspect and sort off quality product when needed.
- Operate lift truck, overhead crane, hoist.
- Job rotation and relief of other team members.
Nonessential Skills and Experience
- Flexible for all shifts.
- Computer efficient.
- Quality experience desired.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Commitment to company values and safe work practices.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Previous experience in the operation of production line, machinery and monitoring products.
- Pass the IVC-US color vision test.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.