Position/Job Title: Expeditor - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Senior Expeditor. The candidate shall provide base-wide expeditor services for timely delivery of IT assets from the IT Depot warehouse only. Requests for support shall be accomplished in the Remedy AIS. The candidate will respond to AIS tickets and coordinate with customers to transport IT assets. The candidate is primary responsibility is to ensure IT asset movement for 75 ABW/SC and Wing Staff customers. The candidate shall be able to operate contractor provided transportation for delivery and pick-up of IT assets. The candidate will identify a sufficient number of employees qualified to operate a forklift (reference Addendum III Safety Requirements) to unload/load, move, stack/unstack and position assets within the warehouse. The candidate shall comply with operating and safety requirements to prevent damage to Government property or injury to self or others. The candidate may be required to enter classified areas but may not require a security clearance as procedures are in place to escort when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Comply with current IT Depot processes and requirements for IT Asset movement and tracking.
- Assist with receiving assets and unloading of delivery trucks for the receipt of new IT assets in the IT Depot.
- Assist with storage of assets inside the warehouse; ensure assets are safely and securely stored.
- Ensure requests are completed within 3 business days (SS#3). If customers cannot be contacted, Expeditor will reassign ticket to the Scheduling Queue until such time arrangements can be made for delivery.
- For new asset delivery, ensure customers have sufficient time to verify all assets and sign a receipt for all assets received. Provide signed receipt to IT Depot personnel
- Assist IT Depot personnel to ensure warehouse remains a clean and safe environment.
- Follow required safety procedures for warehouse personnel and handling of assets as referenced in Addendum III.
- Ensure warehouse doors and gates are secured prior to leaving the area.
- Attend scheduled SCOCD Staff meetings and other meetings as requested by COR.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business. (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Proficient understanding of materials and services procurement.
- Logistician must have forklift license. Will require delivery truck with automated lift.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
No security clearance required. Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.