If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
University of Miami Health System is looking for an Executive Director of Quantitative Financial Modeling to join a growing and diverse data science team. This role is hands on and highly quantitative and technical in nature and requires the individual to be highly capable of interrogating and analyzing massive financial and accounting-level data to extract insights. Reporting directly to the Chief Informatics Data Science Officer the Executive Director of Quantitative Financial modeling will be responsible for supporting the University of Miami's executive management team by performing complex and sophisticated financial modeling, scenarios, and analysis to support the organization's fiscal strategic initiatives.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Leverages deep quantitative knowledge and leadership skills to drive development of financial modeling solutions and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Lead complex projects which require quantitative and technical sophistication with the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Build and manage a team of data scientists/modelers that provide financial modeling solutions to UHealth departments, while adhering to departmental policy and governance standards.
- Directs, collaborates, and leads a team to develop financial models, utilizing statistical modeling and other data science techniques for descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analyses. Evangelizes new ideas / technologies / solutions to gain acceptance from a wide range of audiences
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Directs the design and development of new and/or complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and financial modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Partners with current data Science and data engineering leadership to develop innovative data solutions to support advanced analytics initiatives such as AI, Machine Learning, and traditional analytic platforms to drive financial modeling
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Master's degree required in quantitative or technical field (Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computational Linguistics, Finance, or.). PhD preferred.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) (or equivalent international certification) preferred but not required
- Exceptional knowledge of financial concepts and accounting principles required.
- 10+ years in a financial quantitative/technical leadership role with direct oversight and team supervision
- Minimum 12+ years analyzing financial data preferably in a healthcare setting
- 12+ years designing and implementing reliable and high availability financial modeling solutions
- Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
- Extensive experience in development language environments: Python, Java, C++, R, SQL, etc. and applying analytical methods to large and complex financial datasets leveraging one of those scripting languages
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal and external constituents within a matrix organization to develop strategies that meet department goals within specified timelines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills-visual and verbal
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking and the proven ability to identify and communicate data insights clearly. Able to put ideas and insights into action required.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage large volumes of data with a high attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment required.
- Understanding of healthcare risk management concepts and key performance drivers
- Understands the difference between information and intelligence and be able use previously applied experience to create healthcare financial intelligence from big data sets that help drive decision recommendations
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: