As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams, researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful ways.
Reporting to the VP of Digital Transformation/CMIO, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for both the VP of Digital Transformation and the Program Director of Digital Transformation, as well as some project coordination and oversight for strategic projects activities.
The Executive Assistant will also have a relationship with the Administrative Manager, who will be assigning tasks to them. The Executive Assistant will also partner with senior leadership assistants and individuals at all levels to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of day-to-day operations and strategic projects within Digital and the ongoing oversight, coordination of internal special project deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Administrative Support - 70%
- Provide complex calendar management including the planning and timely notification of meetings and appointments. Use independent judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to meetings. Collaborate with administrative staff across the system to book hard-to-schedule meetings with other execs and leaders.
- Support Leadership with ensuring meetings scheduled meet negotiated deadlines, ensure adequate travel time in schedules when needed, communicate schedule changes in a timely manner and proactively identify calendar conflicts and work with fellow assistants to resolve.
- Make travel arrangements; prepare expense reports and process invoices.
- Ensure meeting participants have accurate meeting logistics (location, directions, etc.)
- Arrange for conference room and technical support (i.e.: projector, teleconferencing services) and prepare materials (agendas and powerpoint decks) as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation for new employee arrivals, including cube preparation, Ids, security, computer equipment ordering; manages scheduling for new hire orientation program
- Assist as requested in the creation and dissemination of communications to the department staff
- Assist with correspondence, filing, telephone coverage, routing routine mail and other administrative activities as assigned
- Assistas with managing timekeeping of PTO schedules to the departmental Timekeeper and trained as backup.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties and projects as assigned, including requests from the Administrative Manager
Project Coordination and Support Responsibilities - 30%
- Understand the multi-phase implementation of eCare and the related project life cycle activities.
- Coordinate with the MGB Digital, Clinical and Administrative eCare Program Management Office, Delivery Teams and others as needed to meet program level administrative requirements.
- Manage new and ongoing governance committees membership lists
- Coordinate and prepare meeting agendas, gather content, edit presentation decks, and track action items requiring follow-up on behalf of the VP and Program Director of Digital Transformation.
- B.A. or Associates degree preferred
- Experience in planning and supporting large-scale meetings, facilitation and presentation is required
- Experience in relationship management at the Sr. Management level is required
- Experience within a healthcare environment preferred
- Communications experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Experience with project management and complex scheduling responsibilities desired.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Fiscal Responsibility
- Demonstrates team oriented, collaborative nature and customer service attitude.
- Professional demeanor; can interact effectively with all levels of staff and leadership as well as outside partners and guests.
- Ability to work independently exercising good judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Takes initiative and leads projects.
- Flexible, resourceful, and resilient. Adapts quickly and happily to changing conditions, uses resources and relationships to develop solutions.
- Highly motivated, team focused, and results oriented
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires occasional local travel to MGB sites, vendors, and/or conferences
- Hospital work environment working conditions include possible exposure to diseases or infections and may require safety gear (PPE) such as gloves and mask.
- Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.