Executive Assistant I to DNP/NP Programs
Posting #: 4520
Welcome to the Hahn School of Nursing. Throughout all our programs, we prepare the next generation of nurse scientists, leaders, advanced clinicians, and informaticists to meet humanity’s most urgent needs—with compassion and with intellectual rigor.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plays an essential role in the optimal operations of the DNP (Post MSN) and BSN-DNP Programs.
- Provides support to the Directors of the DNP Programs, interacts and supports faculty who teach in the above programs.
- Maintains the Directors' and the department calendars.
- Responsible for event planning including but not limited to faculty and student workshops, meetings, review courses, applicant interviews, adjunct clinical faculty meetings, and team meetings, Preceptor Appreciation Dinner, and DNP graduation toast.
- Works with students and registrar to process graduation requirements and transcripts, in preparation for the BRN application process and national certification exams.
- Provides assistance in accessing various academic support services on campus such as Graduate Records, Registrar, Library and IT Services.
- Serves as a primary liaison for the DNP programs with state and national accreditation bodies.
Administrative responsibilities to the Director; program coordination, compliance
- Maintains Directors' calendars Orients new DNP clinical faculty to campus resources, clinical agency requirements, clinical ID badges, reimbursement forms, book orders, and copying procedures.
- Develops and maintains APN faculty orientation binder with current information.
- Coordinates semester course schedule and provides input on room assignments to scheduler.
- Prepares drafts and final edits of program and meeting communications, correspondence, and reports.
- Maintains records of active fulltime and adjunct faculty continuing education.
DNP and NP Student support
- Serves as the academic advisor for DNP & (BSN-DNP) Students, providing guidance for achieving academic goals, resolving educational issues, and providing oversight for a wide range of university related processes.
- Actively interfaces with the DNP Program Directors and faculty regarding any advising issues or problems.
- Facilitates new student advising sessions in collaboration with the Director of Student Services.
- Tracks progress of advisees, and guides them to successful completion of their program.
- Coordinates communication to the students regarding registration, university deadlines, health requirement documentation, and program changes.
- Oversees the preparation of state and national certification forms upon student graduation.
- Coordinates and registers DNP students for classes and reviews and audits individual student program plans and progress using DegreeWorks to ensure students are meeting requirements for graduation.
- Conducts review of transcripts to verify student completion of prerequisites.
- Edits and updates student, preceptor and faculty handbooks based on input from the director and faculty.
- Actively participates with DNP Team regarding student, faculty, curriculum, and clinical issues.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding program and academic issues; refers students to Director/Program Coordinators as appropriate.
Assist Clinical Placement Coordinator and Faculty
- Assists the clinical placement coordinator in initiating and keeping current Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with clinical agencies.
- Maintain Preceptor database, including contact information, certification information and a running log of student hours.
- Maintain a working Preceptor/Student Placement List each semester (working document during placement process)
- Act as point of contract for clinical site education administrators
- Provides agencies with special requirements such as student health records, HIPPA agreements, etc. for compliance with each agency.
- Process and monitor return of preceptor letters-of-agreement.
- Assemble and disburse information packets to new preceptors.
- Create and maintain clinical notebooks for all APN students.
- Process preceptor verification forms for state and national certification bodies.
- Provide general administrative support to program faculty as needed.
- Facilitate program orientation for new faculty- Blackboard, Typhon, Exam-Soft, email, posting grades, classroom location, audio/visual resources, etc.
- Arrange classroom technology support for faculty as needed.
Data Management: Collecting, Organizing and Reporting
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Maintains Preceptor database and files, including contact information, certification and licensing information, and a running log of student hours.
- Participates in various aspects of regulatory and accreditation for the program, including periodic reports and site visits.
- Enter Alumni information to the alumni data base, important to accreditation reports, surveys, and grants.
- Contribute to grant preparation as needed.
- Assists with outside certification surveys and reports.
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/ Background check:
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.Degree Verification Requirement
: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required; additional experience may substitute for education at the rate of one year of experience is equivalent to two years of education
- Requires minimum three years of related work experience
- Familiar with graduate level academic environment
- Special Event planning and meeting management skills
- Ability to independently work on assigned tasks and special projects
- Ability to contribute to diverse work groups
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in higher education and student services preferred (3-5 years)
Posting Salary:$24.00 - $28.55 per hour; Excellent Benefits
- Represent the DNP programs with professionalism, caring, honesty, integrity and sincerity.
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures applicable to the DNP and programs.
- Familiarity with each program’s objectives, course sequencing and individual course clinical requirements.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external constituents in the performance of all duties related to the HSON and USD
- Extensive skill with modern office practices and databases; working knowledge of computers and software. Ability to learn new programs as needed.
- Ability to anticipate and initiate projects, drafts, procedures, work independently, make decisions and collaborate with director, coordinators, students, and faculty to complete goals.
- Represents the University and the School of Nursing supporting its philosophy, mission and goals.
- Use independent judgment and negotiation skills when communicating with prospective, former and current students, clients, faculty, administrators, service suppliers, clinical agencies, and the community we serve.
- Possess flexibility, versatility, patience and tolerance in order to contribute to evolving work situations, student and faculty requests, and continual clinical agency changes.
- Ethical and legal practice, respectful of confidentiality of faculty and students, and maintains cultural responsiveness
- Facilitates staff and faculty with the increasing technological requirements evolving in academia.
- Maintains FERPA regulations regarding confidentiality and student records. Uses discretion and critical thinking skills to consult and act on student issues.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: BenefitsThe salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.Special Application Instructions:Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com Additional Details:Hours:
37.5 hours per weekClosing date:
April 4, 2023Note
: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.Advertised:
March 14, 2023 Applications close:
April 04, 2023 To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/496294/executive-assistant-i-to-dnpnp-programs
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency