Position/Job Title: eTools Technician - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for an eTools Technician. The eTool is a category of Commercial Mobile Technology devices that includes fixed and (eTool) deployable multi-user devices including storage cabinets and network switches, qualified to interoperate on AF networks using AF Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC) suite of applications to view electronic Technical Orders (eTO) information and exchange information with maintenance/logistics information systems. Potential categories of eTools end device and cabinet support includes, but not limited to: Network connectivity (wired and wireless), User accounts, Software/Hardware, Cabinet operations, eTools synchronization, and Technical data viewers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- The candidate shall provide CST support for all eTools clients on Hill AFB, approximately 2,500 devices and 150 cabinets.
- The candidate will resolve eTools administrative and technical problems.
- The candidate shall include weekly maintenance checks of all eTools clients stored within eTools cabinets to ensure the devices are fully operational for user checkout. First line eTool support will be provided by the CSD, when an issue cannot be resolved on the initial call, the CSD will assign the ticket to a CST eTool technician. All requests for support will be documented in an Automated Information System (AIS) (currently Remedy) as directed by the Government.
- The candidate shall document all actions taken to resolve problems, including research, troubleshooting, and final resolution using the AIS. 90% of tickets must be resolved according to the timelines identified.
- The Candidate shall meet the following metrics:
- 90% of all eTools tickets must be resolved/completed according to the time listed for each priority from ticket creation.
- Priority Time
- Critical 4 Hours
- High 1 Day
- Medium 2 Days
- Low 3 Days
- The candidate shall accomplish cabinet hardware/software installs and repairs as well as user/end device management and assignment.
- The candidate shall perform cabinet software/hardware maintenance and apply cabinet software updates. The candidate shall interface with cabinet Vendor/Manufacturer to initiate and execute cabinet warranty service for cabinet hardware and software for those cabinets and devices under warranty.
- The candidate shall diagnose/repair cabinet issues.
- The candidate shall manage cabinet user registration and removal to include CAC access.
- The candidate shall work with designated representative to identify and ensure authorized users have access to cabinets.
- The candidate shall install and configure new cabinets. The candidate shall provide status to designated representatives on matters pertaining to cabinet support issues.
- The candidate shall assign, track, and place new or replacement eTools end devices into respective cabinets.
- The candidate shall notify the Government of broken eTools/Cabinets due to neglect or loss by end users.
- The candidate shall interface with the Government to resolve/address cabinet management issues.
- The candidate shall train users on cabinet check in and check out techniques and processes, move/relocate cabinets and coordinate communication/switch configuration for new installs/ existing installs /moved cabinets.
- The candidate shall interface with eTool end device Vendor/Manufacturer to initiate and execute warranty service.
- The candidate shall communicate inventory changes resulting from warranty work to affected Equipment Custodians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The candidate shall resolve eTools administrative and technical problems. Potential categories of eTools end device and cabinet support includes, but not limited to:
- Network connectivity (wired and wireless)
- User accounts
- Cabinet operations
- eTools synchronization
- Technical data viewers
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- 11+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience in PC Maintenance: Equipment moves, Repair of end device hardware or software malfunctions, Installation of new hardware or software, and Resolving connectivity issues.
- Must possess and maintain an IT II level certification, an IAT II certifications DoD 8570.01-M is required. Certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.