Overview / Responsibilities
WOOD is seeking a junior Environmental Engineer to support our Environmental Permitting and Compliance team in Chelmsford, MA. The multi-disciplinary Environmental Permitting and Compliance consulting team in Chelmsford includes engineers, scientists, health & safety, and environmental permitting experts. WOOD offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging and innovative projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
This position has a flexible schedule that allows for working from home up to 2-3 days per week, with the flexibility to work from the office full-time, as desired. Candidates should expect to travel to project sites occasionally.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex permitting and compliance challenges executing the following roles/ responsibilities:
- Reviewing and understanding various state and federal environmental regulations.
- Assisting with routine reporting to state and federal environmental agencies for toxic chemical use and storage and air emissions (EPA's Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting / TURA, Tier II, MassDEP's Source Registration and Greenhouse Gas reporting).
- Updating environmental compliance plans such as Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and oil Spill Prevention Countermeasure and Control (SPCC) Plans, etc.
- Developing, updating, and maintaining air emissions calculations / tracking spreadsheets in Excel.
- Performing, on occasion, stormwater or wastewater sampling.
- Preparing a variety of license renewals, permit applications, and compliance letters to regulatory agencies.
- Assisting with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, facility decommissioning, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Assisting with noise monitoring projects.
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related degree.
- 0 to 3 years of experience in environmental permitting and compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to perform engineering calculations related to material balances and general chemistry.
- Ability to interact with employees within various different industry settings and to work collaboratively as well as on your own.
- Proficient/advanced in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Auto-CAD.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance Experience
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Engineer Intern (EI) / Engineer in Training (EIT) in MA
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Familiarity with reporting programs a plus (CDX, eDEP, EEA ePLACE, TRI-Me Web, NetDMR)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.