Exempt Salaried Position
Provide environmental guidance in the design, development and operation of manufacturing and supporting processes.
Management, Project Leaders, Engineering, Research, Operations, Maintenance
- Technical guidance on resolution of process and equipment problems.
- Technical specialist.
- Initiate, design and develop manufacturing and supporting processes.
- Implement projects and programs.
Incumbent reports to site EHS Leader. Receives direction in the form of broadly defined objectives. Responsibilities include meeting team objectives and effective use of resources. Incumbent is recognized for technical knowledge in at least one area of technology, and demonstrates both personal and organizational sensitivity. In your Environmental Engineer role, you'll provide leadership for the Environmental and Sustainability systems at the manufacturing site in support of a safe and profitable operation that strives to continuously improve and reduce mill impact on the environment.
Position typically requires an Engineering degree or equivalent and continuing self-development. Normally experienced in a variety of assignments. You live your life in alignment with the highest values of integrity and quality, always ensuring your responsibilities become a long-term success story.
- Design and Development: Provide environmental guidance in the initiation, design and development of manufacturing and supporting processes to achieve unit objectives.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and guidance in application of engineering principles. Subject Matter Expertise of environmental regulations (e.g. EPA, RCRA (VSQG), EPCRA, CAA, CWA, SARA, CERCLA, DOT) and provide regulatory analysis, advice, and expertise for emerging, proposed, and existing regulations. Complete and file mandatory local and federal environmental and sustainability reports on time.
- Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS): Provide EHS technical and regulatory advice to mill leadership, the EHS Steering Committee, Project Engineers, and others. Analyze EHS data and provide insights regarding results and trends to establish improvement recommendations. Audit facility EHS performance and assist with EHS Management System operation, maintenance, and administration. Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well‑being of operators, maintenance and other personnel. Support continuous improvement of the mill EHS Policy Statement and practices.
- Security and Documentation: Provide guidance in security and documentation to ensure the retrieval of data and protection of proprietary information.
- Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
- Internal Control: Lead assigned projects/tasks to meet unit objectives within applicable Corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control. Ensure EHS&S projects are in the pipeline and are forecasted appropriately
- Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Human Resources Development: Assist in the development of others in the area of incumbent's expertise, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience. Influence site leaders through education and demonstration of the value of sustainability efforts.
- Quality Management Process: Provide direction and participative leadership in the practical application of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System in all assignments and responsibilities.
- Visibly demonstrate that safety is a value by following safety procedures, maintaining a safe workplace, complying with safety rules, and holding others to the same standard Ensure continued safe work practices of self and others by complying with company and governmental regulations. Maintain good housekeeping standards while eliminating and preventing losses of all types (injuries, illnesses, process loss, property damage).
Company and Location Information:
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust Kimberly-Clark's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in 80 countries.
This opening is for a position in the Loudon, Tennessee facility that is part of the K-C Professional business within Kimberly-Clark. The K-C Professional business focusses on providing workplace solutions that are healthier, safer, and more productive.
The facility is located in the city of Loudon on the banks of the Tennessee River and the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The area features a cost of living more than 17% below the national average, no state income tax on wages, unparalleled natural beauty, and an abundance of shops, waterways, hiking trails, and communities that suit any style of living.