An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and Mercy Health have recently came together to create one unified Regional Health Ministry serving our Michigan communities together.
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and Mercy Health are a part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve. As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life. Our Core Values, Reverence, Commitment to the Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity guide our behaviors to help us achieve our Vision.
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain areas such as patient towers, public areas, exam rooms, offices, etc., the Environmental Aide's essential duties include:
- Cleaning all surfaces
- Disinfecting all surfaces
- Dusting all surfaces
- Replenishing all supplies
- Spot cleaning carpet and upholstery
- Cleaning up spills
- Changing linen and making beds
- Operating vacuum cleaning equipment
- Dust mopping and damp mopping floors, stairs, and landings
- Disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste k. Reporting needed equipment repair and all unsafe situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Walk and stand for approximately 90% of work time.
- Frequently squat, kneel, and lift; Occasionally bend and twist.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Lift, turn, push, pull, and position equipment; Ability to utilize safe body mechanics.
- Identifies safety risks, provides feedback and helps address safety issues.
- Actively follows safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an environment that is clean and conducive to patients, visitors, and co-workers' well-being and safety.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that contributes to a culture of trust, respect, and teamwork. Follows our Service Excellence Standards.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers (i.e. active listening, professionalism, appropriate tone of voice and language).
- Assists in the training of staff to perform Environmental Services duties.
- Participates in department and unit activities to improve quality and patient care.
- Demonstrates professionalism in dress and hygiene. Follows and adhere to the "fragrance free" policy.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of policy and procedures. Follows department's plans and scripts. Completes mandatory Healthstream virtual trainings in a timely manner.
- Assists in keeping corridors clear of clutter, equipment, furniture, etc. for safety and aesthetic purposes.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, colleagues, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Health. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Able to read and write English. Possesses basic math skills.
Experience: Three months customer service or cleaning experience preferred.Why this position -- What can it do for you!
- Located in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Michigan with easy access to US-23, M-14, and I-94.
- Full benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 22 different states!
- Free close proximity parking!
For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers.
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American's with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper's Act, or SJMHS's Return to Work Program.
Environmental, Environmental Services, Housekeeping, Housekeeper, Janitor, CustodianOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.