Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for an Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer working in either our Phoenix or Tucson offices. The successful candidate will provide support to Wood's project managers responsible for delivering geotechnical engineering projects to our clients.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions. We are dedicated to developing the careers of our staff, providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated, and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
The ideal candidate will have an educational background in engineering fundamentals, with an emphasis on geotechnical/geological engineering; excellent interpersonal skills; written and verbal communication skills; and will be a proactive problem solver. This position offers the opportunity to work with, learn from, and be mentored by senior engineering staff while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Perform geotechnical field investigations and construction oversight.
- Set up geotechnical investigations (i.e. driller acquisition, traffic control, permitting, utility locates, etc.)
- Perform basic support and design engineering computations, including quantity calculations, foundation design, slope stability, etc. under the guidance of a senior engineer.
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from the project team.
- Prepare geotechnical design reports under the guidance of a senior engineer .
- Will travel to project sites in Arizona and possibly the western US. The job will be approximately 75% field work and 25% office work; and approximately 30% of the field work may require travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, or related engineering degree required. MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
- 0 - 5 years + relevant engineering experience.
- EIT is required or the ability to obtain the EIT within 1 year of hire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, organize and prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in AZ and the western US. Approximately 10-30% overnight travel.
- Physical requirements may require lifting up to 40 pounds and traversing over rugged terrain.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.