Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 5057
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
Teleflex is focused on the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. Teleflex will comply with US government regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements for US workers. To ensure we are prepared for all applicable vaccination requirements, Teleflex is currently collecting vaccination status and accommodation requests from our US based employees.
Employees and new hires in sales or field-based roles that require vendor credentials to access to medical facilities as an essential function of the job may be required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination based on customer/site requirements. This requirement is independent of Teleflex policy or any applicable US governmental regulations.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This role will contribute to manufacturing of extruded fiber and braiding various materials while also supporting engineering functions such as validating equipment / materials, troubleshooting processes, identifying process/product improvements and performing preventative maintenance activities. Work with cross functional teams to monitor/improve yields and resolve material issues using manufacturing, tests, diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, and specialized test apparatus.
• Assist the Engineering team on the development of manufacturing processes.
• Assist Engineering with Component Qualifications / Validations as required per Teleflex and or customer specifications.
• Monitor key process parameters using monitoring tools.
• Identify opportunities to reduce variation, improve scrap rates and productivity throughout the manufacturing process, from supplier management to distribution of product.
• Assist in the generation of process documentation (SOPs, Work Instructions)
• Run and operate appropriate equipment and machines in the producing of fiber, suture and suture yarns.
• Perform required in-process testing to ensure conformance with process standards.
• Support manufacturing issues that require Engineering assistance.
• Document operations completed along with yields and reject counts on appropriate production records.
• Install / maintain manufacturing equipment as well as keep maintenance documents up to date.
• Assist in the development of documentation to maintain equipment.
• Receive incoming shipments of chemicals and other facility supplies using safe handling techniques.
• Complete work in compliance with GMP / ISO regulations and within safety guidelines.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED equivalency required; Technical High School diploma preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years in a manufacturing environment or strong demonstratable equivalency required.
• Experience working in a controlled system (Ex: ISO9001/13485, AS9100); Medical device industry background required.
• Experience working with melt extrusion, textiles and or polymerization preffered.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to read, write and speak English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
• Understanding of Good Documentation Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Ability to work as part of an effective team.
• Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm for quality and yield improvements.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago