Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating activities of an assigned engineering team on specific projects, providing oversight to ensure project deliverables are completed to standards and within established deadlines. The Engineering Supervisor will also assist the Engineering Manager with resource allocations, operating quality/efficiency/on-schedule performance, group utilization, HR related items, implement policies, as well as travelling to customer's sites, if necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Supervise and develop a team of engineers, overseeing quality and timeliness of assigned work activities.
- Develop and review engineering designs ensuring quality requirements are achieved and upheld by the team ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Provide project analysis and recommend necessary actions to achieve project deliverables to company standards and within established timelines.
- Perform management administrative tasks in a timely manner, (e.g. performance reviews, timecard, expenses, and travel)
- Preform engineering duties on projects as needed
- And other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build and maintain productive work relationships
- Ability to travel throughout the US
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive People management or a focused work team of engineers, prefer in material handling/ parcel industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience, prefer in material handling/ parcel industry.
: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.Physical Demands
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Other Relevant Information:
This position may require up to 10% travel to various sites.This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.