GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 9, the world leader in RF semiconductor manufacturing in Essex Junction, VT, is seeking an entry level Semiconductor Process Engineer in the Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) area. The individual selected for this position will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering organization with primary responsibilities focused on development, support, and continuous improvement of 200mm semiconductor manufacturing processes.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, Design of Experiment techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills
- Implement controls and procedures for preventing quality events
- Support the manufacturing line by working with process & equipment teams to define action plans to fix down equipment and improving equipment uptime
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the department
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability, tool throughput, cost reduction and yield learning
- Provide tactical support to process technicians, operators, and equipment team as needed
- Provide engineering direction to disposition hardware that received non-standard processing
- Document & update standard work for process technicians & train individuals on changes
- Define and maintain equipment installation process qualification roadmaps - Drive process qualifications, implement process control plans and configuration with the area equipment engineers, including qualification, start up and volume ramp of process equipment
- Must be technically inclined and able to lead hands on, tactical troubleshooting efforts to resolve long term performance issues; must be able to deconstruct and understand complex systems
- Ability to marry both the equipment and process sides of issues, focusing on delivering the right results on product
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Technology related Bachelor's degree: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience/military training
- Experience: 0-2 years relevant experience
- Must be able to work in a cleanroom environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, taking initiative to drive solutions to problems
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
- 10% travel may be required
- COOP/Intern in semiconductor or manufacturing industry
- Manufacturing operations experience
- Knowledge of semiconductor/silicon processing
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Prior experience working in a semiconductor cleanroom environment
- Knowledge of CVD semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing processes & activities (ex: 5S, structured problem solving, value stream mapping, Kaizen teams, Training within Industry, etc.)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.